As a non-profit, we rely on the help from our amazing volunteers. If you’re interested in getting involved, here are the current ways you can participate!
Most of our volunteer opportunities happen during the week, with the occasional weeknight or Saturday. Let us know your availability in your email and we will do our best to find a time slot that works for you.
Tasks: The Shop Assistant will provide training for a variety of tasks that may include:
- Sorting, measuring, pricing and re-stocking donated fabric
- Sorting and bagging buttons and notions
- Re-stocking zipper bins and thread bins
- Cutting Zero Bags or other OSF recycling projects
- Helping with recycling projects: paper, cardboard and plastic
- Dusting, sweeping and general tidying up before sales
- Volunteers should have the ability to lift a bolt of fabric if required.
- Volunteers should have a good knowledge of textiles, sewing techniques and tools.
For more info: Feel free to send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board of Directors openings
Our Social Fabric has a Board of Directors, a diverse group of people who direct the organization and do much of its strategic and day-to-day work.
If you’re interested in joining our board, we are currently seeking individuals with experience in areas of finance, not for profit governance, and social enterprise. Please email us at email@example.com with your resume and a short note expressing your interest.
Not looking for these positions, but keen to get involved anyways? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in volunteering for us. We look forward to hearing from you!