Hi everyone, Our Social Fabric’s next Sale is this coming Sunday, February 19th from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm—we have lots of exciting things to share with you:
Here’s what we have in the shop this month:
• Sherpa—If you’ve been following us on Instagram you will know that we received a big donation from Kendor Textiles—we are so grateful for all the beautiful knits and technical fabrics that they have donated to OSF over the past year. Included in the donation were bolts of cozy Sherpa with faux-suede backing. No need to line your garments or ﬁnish the edges on this fabric (see photo of a long vest with curvy collar) Sherpa is great for making coats, vests, slippers, hats and doggie beds! $3/meter packaged in 2 and 3 meter bags— ready to go! (Sherpa bolts available also)
• Thread—we received a donation of many, many large cones of good quality thread for
regular sewing and sergers—lots of colours to choose from, all $2/ spool. Many of the spools are from our very own Cansew. Thank you to Whitehouse Design Company for their generous donation.
• Dress Weights—have you been wanting to make a soft, ﬂowy dress or long ﬂoral skirt for spring? We have many rolls of lovely dress weights just begging to be made into a blouse or dress, all $2/meter.
• Zippers—lots of regular and invisible zippers, 10 zippers for $1
• Quilting Bundles—lots to choose from, each coordinated bundle is $5 -Hope to see you on Sunday, February 19th!
LOCATION / ENTRANCE
Please use our Venables Street entrance: Enter the GREY door marked 1275 Venables located beside the three grey south facing loading bay doors labelled B C D. Walk through the loading bay area towards the freight elevator and up the stairs to the third floor. Follow the signs to OSF. Click on link for Google Map We usually have a volunteer operating the elevator, however, if you know you need elevator service please email us a few days prior to the sale and we will send you a contact telephone number to use during the sale to call for elevator assistance.
WHERE TO PARK
Park only in VISITOR spots unless you are loading up your vehicle. There is parking on westbound Venables, west of Clark just past the parking lot entrance. There is also 2 hour parking on Clark in front of the Clark entrance as well on the north side of the building on Adanac. On Sundays, there is ample parking in the Russell building parking lot. Please park legally and avoid unwelcome surprises.