Our Social Fabric is looking for a Manager of Operations.
Position: Manager of Operations
Our Social Fabric is a Vancouver-based not-for-profit, helping to save and redirect new textiles from landfills. We collect from manufacturers, the film industry, and more, and hold monthly sales to redistribute the fabrics at a low cost.
The organization is run by a volunteer board, who—along with our dedicated volunteers—source, organize and coordinate the transport of the donations, and run the sale while trying to get the word out about our mission.
We have recently leased a new space to expand our operation, and are looking for a Manager of Operations to source donations and coordinate fabric sales.
You will be running two 5 hour sales each month. The remainder of the time will be sourcing donations, visiting businesses, receiving donations and coordinating sale preparations.
The ideal candidate is as follows:
- you are knowledgeable about textiles and the textile industry
- you are passionate about social enterprise and being part of growing a grassroots organization
- you are a self-starter who requires minimal supervision and gets things done
- you are knowledgeable at setting up processes for receiving product, inventory and sales
- you understand customer service and can organize successful sales
- you are connected in the textile community and comfortable visiting businesses to source fabric (ideal)
- you are professional and can represent the organization’s mission and purpose
- you are fun to be around, and a leader to our volunteers
This is a contract position starting at 40 hrs/mth.
You must be available for sales, which are held on either Saturdays or Sundays, as well as mid-week day hours that can be coordinated with your schedule.
You will be reporting to the board members.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org