It’s time for our first Sunday sale of the year! Join us for great deals on fabric and notions on Sunday, May 5, 2013! (And check out the video from the first few minutes of our April sale above :)
Credit card payments through Square went well last time, so we’ll try them again (remember, no debit, and bring cash just in case!)
And we need sale volunteers as usual. Email us at email@example.com and specify a morning or afternoon shift. Full info on duties here!
The details again:
Sunday May 5, 2013
10am – 2pm
1631 Powell St. @ Commercial
Cash only (credit cards tentatively accepted)
Sale FAQ here
Next sale: Sunday, June 9, 2013!
All 2013 sale dates are on our Sales page.
PS: We’re still looking for a space!
We’ve mentioned this before, but it’s still on our minds… we are looking for a bigger space!
Thanks to you, our donations are increasing and the sales are expanding month to month. We want to accept more donations but we need more room! And we need your help.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- We are looking for an industrial/warehouse type space, minimum 500 square feet, or hopefully bigger.
- We would love to share a space with a design student or an up and coming designer, who, like us, has a limited budget.
- We would need ground floor access, ie: loading area for donations (versus those stairs), good lighting, and of course… a space that would be suitable for textile storing (that’s wood frame/drywall type construction—no dampness, cinder block or cement buildings)!
And here’s our ask:
- Do you know of an organization that has space they aren’t using? (hey, you never know!)
- Do you know someone in the design field, who uses textiles, and wants a space to work?
- Do you know of an organization that needs help getting the word out, and would benefit from the foot traffic generated by our sales?
- Do you know of a company that would benefit tremendously by being associated with a non-profit?
- Have you maybe heard of something but aren’t sure?
If so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Board member Andrew passed along these great photos of the new fabric shipment that came in last night, and all the lovely volunteers who came out to help us unload this evening. See you all tomorrow at the sale!
Psst—in case you’re wondering, the next OSF sale is on Saturday, April 13, 2013!
Join us from 10am-2pm at 1631 Powell St to fill up on great fabrics for spring :) We’ll also be testing out a new credit card payment system for this sale (no debit sadly; also bring cash still, just in case!).
We’ll also need volunteers to help – you’ll get a free bag of fabric in exchange! Write to email@example.com and let us know if you’d like a morning or afternoon shift. Full volunteer details can be found on our Volunteer page.
(PS: the next sale after this one is May 5, 2013! You can always find the latest sale dates on our Sales page.)
Our new sale poster is here, just in time to remind you about the sale next Saturday! Hope to see you there :)
PS: take our volunteer survey! It’s open until Friday March 8 and you could win a free bag of fabric at an upcoming sale!
A screenshot of the OSF volunteer survey
Take our 2013 volunteer survey and you could win a FREE bag of fabric!
We’re doing this survey to check in with everyone who’s shared their time with us, and those who haven’t found a moment yet! Your feedback will help improve the OSF volunteer experience, and help us understand what future volunteer opportunities we should offer :)
The survey will be open until Friday March 8, 2013 at noon. I’ll do the draw after the survey closes and announce it in an upcoming OSF email (join our mailing list if you haven’t already!). If you’re the winner, just come to any upcoming sale, fill up a bag with fabric of your choice, and we’ll give it to you for free!
Here’s the link again: Our Social Fabric’s 2013 Volunteer Survey!